Friday, August 5, 2016

What A Chessboard Can Teach You About The People In Your Life



I like to find the deeper meaning in the small things of life. So maybe that's why when I saw this life-size Chess set, I had to take some artsy pictures so that I could post them on Instagram with some catchy caption. The problem? I couldn't come up with one. Until the other night - almost a month later. 

I value friendship. A whole lot. If you haven't guessed yet, my friends mean the world to me. So yeah, try looking at this from that perspective.

Let's say a Chess game is your life. Because it's your existence, you're the king of the chessboard. You know many diverse and unique people, and those are represented by the many different pieces in each set. Those people serve different roles in your life. Some protect, some support, some help you achieve success, one is your companion for life (your spouse, aka the queen), and others are just there for you.

But, of course, there comes a time in each of our lives that we all have to let go of our friends. Sometimes it's because people that are on the opposing side take them from us, still other times they get hurt because they were defending us, and oftentimes life just makes us go our separate ways. 

One thing I have learned though is that there are times that you don't completely lose some of the people in your life. In this case, different pieces may end up in less prominent positions in our lives, but are still there if we need them.

So yeah, this post was short, but those were my thoughts. Just always remember that God puts the pieces in their strategic positions throughout the game and He always has your best interest at heart. So sit back and watch His mighty hand guide the pieces of your life from your perspective, as the king of your own chessboard. 

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." ~Jeremiah 29:11

Love,
Sydney
(Romans 8:28)



SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments: