Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I'm 19 Now...

Well it happened. I counted down for 19 days with my "19 'Til 19" series and then my birthday finally came. Some days it felt like forever until March 21st, and now it feels like it went so fast. The day had it's ups and downs but I guess I'd say that the thing that made it the best was all the people that wished me a happy birthday. People commented on my pictures, tweeted me, posted on my Facebook timeline, messaged me, and called. My siblings decorated the house and my mom told me happy birthday the minute I woke up. I went to work and then we went out to eat later. Instead of cake, I decided to get donuts, and then I opened my gifts. Not a ton, but they were seriously so great. :) I got a piano book, things for manicures, a devotional/Bible answers book, and some money. Afterwards, my uncle called me and we talked for a minute. He was sweet and funny, as usual. I told him I worked and he said, "get used to it kid, you'll be working on your birthday for years." Haha. As far as all the other posts, they came from so many amazing people--family members, long distance friends, people I met at tech school, close friends, cyber friends...it was great. :)

Yeah, 19 feels so weird in some ways. Before I went to bed, I stopped still near the door and just realized that I wasn't 18 for a minute. I didn't really like that. I wanted to go back. It felt so strange that I can't even really explain it. But I can't go back now. I'm going to make the most of this year and know that God can make it the best phase of my life yet! 


Haha. I've probably rambled long enough...so here's a picture I posted on Instagram/Facebook on my birthday. 



18 was amazing, but 19 will be even better! 💖✌🏼️🎉🎈 

#birthdayselfie #thankfulforanotheryear


No comments:

Post a Comment