Wednesday, March 16, 2016

19 'Til 19: Owl City Concert

In my last post, I talked about my best friend/sister from Colorado, Alexis. Well, when we first met, we didn't really have a lot in common. We liked completely opposite things, but our common bond in Christ kind of brought us together and made us good friends. However, the thing we first really connected over and because closer friends through was Owl City. We started to really like him in the winter/spring of 2015. That's why when I got an email in July that he was coming to Salt Lake around the time I had planned for her to visit, I flipped out. It seriously was a dream come true! Everything was supposed to be a surprise, but she ended up finding out about all of it. Part of me was disappointed, but it ended up being good because we could both talk about and look forward to it together. My mom, sister, Alexis, and I all went to the concert. He was amazing! I had a really good time, got most of the show on film (until they told me to put the camera away), and then bought a poster before heading home. It was such an emotional experience. I remember listening to "Lonely Lullaby" on the way home and almost crying. The two of us got home and were still flipping out. :P I posted on Facebook the next morning that there was nothing anyone could say to me that would change the fact that I love Owl City. Below are a few pictures we took before/during/after the show and a video of the song he opened with. You can hear Alexis and I completely go wild and scream when he first comes out onstage around the beginning of the movie. :)


Waiting outside before the concert. It felt like FOREVER.

It was time for the concert and we were almost
about to go inside the venue!

Inside the building!

Adam Young himself. :)

All of us right after the show. We were happy with how it turned out!

Back home...and we're still fangirling. :P

I love this picture. Alexis was about to get her stuff to take a shower and she was 
fangirling so hard she pretty much couldn't. I found it so funny and great and so 
I had to make her stay there so I could get a photo of it. :) 


BIRD WITH A BROKEN WING LIVE (yes, this is my video):

No comments:

Post a Comment