Friday, March 11, 2016

19 'Til 19: Discipleship Camp 2015

I always thought it was so horrible that I never went to camp in the summer. No, not even church camp. I tried quite a bit the past couple years, but it just never worked out. Now I know why...because my first real experience as a camper was supposed to be at a small camp up in North Dakota. It was an amazing experience. Several of the churches up there (that are associated with mine) decided to rent out a camp and put on a week-long teen/youth/young adult retreat. It was a time filled with great teaching, wonderful fellowship, and good food. I was also able to play the piano to help lead worship for most of the week, which was awesome. :) I played the piano while a guy named Caleb led the singing and occasionally played the guitar. Later on that week, another guy named Ian showed up and helped lead worship too by singing and playing the guitar. What was really cool and unique about this week was that Caleb and I discovered really how much we are alike. We basically agreed we are personality twins. He is such a happy, joyful, funny person and pretty much my older brother in Christ.

Another great thing about that week was how small the camp ended up being. It was pretty much just a group of us and then a few other people from up there. My mom took my sister and I along with three of our closest friends on a road trip up there for the camp. She ended up calling my dad once she'd gotten there and saying that it was so great that she would've driven us all the way to Alaska for it! :) Then, a couple of kids came from Fargo and then a couple of the more local young people. So, all in all, there were about 11-12 campers all week. We all became pretty good friends. As for the girls, there were about six of us in our cabin so we ended up having a special connection by the end of the week. :) 

I took a LOT of video footage through out the (limited) free time throughout the week (we listened to 6 messages every day) and it's nice to watch them from time to time to relive the memories. Below is a "summary" video I put together to recap that week. It will probably tell you more than I can about how great of a time we really had. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment