Friday, March 4, 2016

19 'Til 19: My Senior Portraits/Graduation Invitation

My Senior Portraits/Graduation Invitation. I guess it makes sense for me to share this since they weren't taken the normal way. 

To start, I had seen some really stellar portraits that a mutual friend had gotten done by a very good photographer. I really, really liked them and his work. They were beautiful and captured her personality very well. My mom and I looked at different photographer's websites, but I didn't like any of them like I liked this one guy's work. So we tried to contact him, but for some reason he never replied to my mom. 

Finally, my mom decided that she would just use her nice, new camera and take me out for a day and take a ton of pictures. It was really awesome because we got to go to tons of locations and take millions of pictures. The chances of several of them turning out perfect was way higher this way. Here are my favorites from that day:













Around this time, my friend Andrew and I started talking about photography for some reason. I told him that he could take pictures of me for practice if he wanted to. Eventually, we decided that he would take a few senior portraits of mine one week outside the church we both go to Awana at. Since we were both leaders in training, we took the time that the kids were listening to their lesson to take a few photos. He did a little bit of editing on them and then came over to my house a while later to show me the photos and give them to me. Here are my favorite from that photoshoot:











I also was in tech school during my senior year of high school (I was also homeschooled) studying web and graphic design so I was able to edit some of the photos myself and design my graduation invitation. I designed and printed it at school, and while it didn't always go well and stressed me out some, I still ended up liking it. Here it is. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment